Lemon Ricotta Ravioli with Garlic Butter and Oregano
Author: Alicia Torres Candé
- Pasta Dough
- 500 ml ricotta cheese
- 5 lemons
- 1 cup parmesan cheese + more for serving
- salt, to taste
- 1 stick of butter
- 2 garlic cloves
- ¼ cup fresh oregano leaves
- 1 egg
- For the filling: mix ricotta with the peel from 5 lemons and juice of 3, salt and parmesan. Place in a large ziploc bag or a pastry bag. Leave in the fridge while you assembly the rest of the recipe.
- Make pasta dough, chill.
- Melt the butter on low heat with two pealed garlic cloves.
- To make the ravioli cut the dough into four pieces, flatten them slightly with a roller using flour to prevent it from sticking to surface. Then run it through the widest setting, reduce one setting at a time until you get to number 4 or 5, dust the flour in between if it starts to feel sticky. (I used the kitchen aid pasta attachment for this). Repeat with the remaining parts of dough.
- Place the pasta over a clean and floured surface, beat an egg and lightly brush half the sheet.
- Snip the corner of the pastry bag with the filling and place filling onto the lower half of each strip.
- Fold over the filling to meet the bottom edge, press around each ball with your fingers making sure there are no bubbles.
- Cut the ravioli using a cookie cutter or a knife.
- Cook the ravioli in boiling water until al dente (5 minutes aprox.)
- Serve with grated parmesan cheese, garlic butter and fresh oregano.
- Detailed tutorial on pasta dough and ravioli: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/anne-burrell/ricotta-taleggio-ravioli-with-wild-mushroom-sauce-recipe/try-this-at-home-ravioli.page-3.html