Fruit and yogurt was for me probably the most eaten breakfast of the year. Seriously. And for many good reasons…
I am the kind of girl who sets the alarm clock an hour before and wakes up 15 minutes before. Why? I still don´t know myself, that´s just the way I am…….. I have a lot good things but punctually is definitely not one of them.
Because of my bad waking up habits and my hectic Chef´s life I am always rushing through life and on the run so that forces me to have to grab a super easy, quick and yet nutritious meal that can keep me standing on my feet for the rest of the day and my good old fruit & yogurt does that just fine.
This bowl has organic whole milk yogurt, my delicious lime cranberry granola, pomegranate seeds and raw honey….. it was seriously really good! The whole batch lasted about three days and I just got to eat it on top of my yogurt once, that´s how seriously addictive it is.
And you know how I feel about monotony, for me there is nothing more boring than having the same meal over and over again, in the kitchen and in life we have to spice things up a little bit, don´t you think?
Why don´t you start by making this granola?
- 1 cup macadamia nut
- 1 cup old fashioned oatmeal
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- ½ cup cranberries
- ¼ cup unsweetened coconut
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- a pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven at 350 F / 180 C
- Mix all the dry ingredients, add the wet ingredients (maple syrup and coconut oil) until all is coated.
- Place everything in a baking pan lined with parchment paper, pat it down and bake for 15 minutes.
- Take out of the oven, move everything with a spoon and bake for another 15 minutes. Do that two more times.
- Take it out of the oven and let it cool for about an hour.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature.