I used to think that making chocolate healthy only existed in dreams. I mean, healthy chocolate does sound ‘too good to be true’, right?. But dreams do come true as Walt Disney said “if you have the courage to pursue them”. And today I was very courageous I made Superfood Chocolate Bites because I wanted to turn my dream into a reality. And I did.
The first step was to melt that little brown bar I like to call: ‘perfection’. I placed a double boiler placed some ‘perfection’ and waited until it looked shiny and smelled unbelievably good. aahh yeees!
Next I placed some of that perfection on top of some parchment paper, I sprinkled macadamia nuts, goji berries, cacao nibs, cranberries, pistachios and a little bit of toasted sesame seeds. I popped it in the fridge and voila! there you have it: Healthy Chocolate. Yes, Ladies and Gentleman. Healthy Chocolate.
That’s it. Super easy. Some might call it cheating but to me is just ‘I’m trying to make my life simpler’ and well, of course a lot more delicious.
So there you have it, sweet chocolate, nutritious superfoods and a delicious dessert or snack option.
Also, Did you know my favorite word in the entire world is delicious?
- one 16 ounce bag of dark chocolate chips or bar (60% or more)
- ¼ cup of dried cranberries
- ¼ cup of shelled pistachios
- ¼ cup of fresh macadamia nuts
- ¼ cup dried goji berries
- ¼ cup cacao nibs
- 2 Tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- a pinch of sea salt
- Melt the chocolate in a double broiler (fill a large skillet with water over med-high heat. Then, place a smaller skillet on top and add chocolate mix until all is melted)
- Once your chocolate place a tbsp on top of some parchment paper and dollop small circles.
- Then place your cranberries, pistachios, and pecans on top and place the tray in the refrigerator until your chocolate has hardened, about 1 hour.